Exeter Airport is launching a major recruitment drive to attract 30 new staff as it gears up for the holiday season – including the start of new flights to the USA.
The airport, which currently employs around 240 personnel, will be holding a recruitment day on Wednesday 16th February in the main departures terminal from 12 noon until 7pm.
It is looking to fill a wide range of posts including passenger services, ground crew, security (including Royal Mail screeners), cleaners, wildlife control, and finance.
There are full and part time, permanent and temporary jobs available.
Airport staff enjoy a range of benefits including free on-site parking while on duty, free airport parking when they go on holiday, discounts on holidays and with onsite retailers including WH Smith and World Duty Free, and a pension scheme.
Full training and uniform are provided and there are great career development opportunities.
Stephen Wiltshire, Managing Director of Exeter Airport, said: “With pent-up demand for holidays abroad and the launch of our USA flights, we’re anticipating a busy season ahead at Exeter Airport and need to recruit around 30 staff over the next few months.
“There are a range of roles available with great career opportunities so we hope local people will come along and find out more about working at their local airport.”
Exeter Airport recently published its full schedule for 2022/23 with 28 destinations in eight countries, including flights to the USA and Canada via Dublin with Aer Lingus from April.
Passengers can book a flight from Exeter to New York, Boston, Chicago, Washington or Toronto and enjoy through-ticketing, automatic baggage transfer and pre-clearance of all US immigration and customs checks in Dublin.
These are some of the jobs that will be featured during the recruitment open days:
Providing help and support to ensure a smooth and seamless customer experience for passengers. Duties include:
- Greeting and checking passengers’ travel documentation together with relevant documentation
- Check passengers into airline systems in line with company policies and procedures, and regulatory and airline requirements
- Asking relevant security questions
- Reconciliation of passengers at boarding gates
Delivering an outstanding customer experience while maintaining the safety and integrity of the airport and passengers. Duties include:
- To carry out searching of passengers, contractors and airport personnel as required
- To operate security screening equipment
- To search aircraft, vehicles and premises
- To control access to aircraft and the restricted areas
- To carry out security patrols and escort duties as required
Providing the necessary under-wing ground support services to aircraft as required by airlines, following safety, security and airline-specific procedures. Duties include:
- Servicing arriving and departing aircraft
- Baggage and cargo loading and unloading
- Driving and operating ground support equipment and machinery
- Carrying our non-urgent maintenance
Wildlife control officer
To perform wildlife control duties, including birds and mammals, to help maintain the operational safety of the airfield. Duties include:
- Dispersing wildlife from the airside environment in line with procedures
- Record all activities undertaken and wildlife seen
- Maintain communication with Air Traffic Control and other safety stakeholders
- Carrying out airfield inspections and escorting contractors and visitors
Exeter Airport’s recruitment day takes place on Wednesday 16th February in the main departures terminal from 12 noon until 7pm, postcode EX5 2BD.
There is no need to book, simply come along on the day and bring a copy of your CV. Free parking is provided. Anyone requiring more information or who is unable to attend the event can email Exeter Airport’s human resources team at [email protected]
Find out more about the vacancies here.